Old 23-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Mike LaMana

Default sick tree?

I don't believe their diagnosis since the price of the treatment tells me
they are less than ethical. Have the tree re-diagnosed by a CONSULTING
arborist, i.e. one with no program to sell you. Go to the ASCA website to
find one in your area. - www.asca-consultants.org.

Good Luck!
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"k conover" wrote in message
Hi, I have an 80+ year old oak tree in my yard. Last year had Arborguard
come out and they told me it had a beetle infestation and that the cost to
treat it would be in the thousands. Needless to say, did not treat.
Haven't noticed anything all winter, but now I notice ants crawling around
the base of the tree and into the bark (maybe the beetles are coming!)
Does anyone know of a good way (preferable non-toxic to my cats) way to
help my tree out, maybe support it with more nutrition and also keeps the
bugs out? Do you think it will kill the tree? Thanks--
Kirsten