Old 23-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pruning a japanese maple

Hey Patrick,
I am in Dallas and was advised by club members against leaf

defoliation
on japanese maple because of our intense summers.
You being considerably South of me may wish to consult with

club
members in your area before performing this.

That may be a good point, but we routinely defoliate here, and
the only real difference in our climates may be the humidity.

I certainly would keep the tree in shade after the operation.
And misting wouldn't hurt, either/

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++