Old 23-05-2004, 07:22 AM
John Burton

Default cleaning bilogocal filter?

I seem to have the same problem, David. I used a bucked of pond water to
rinse out the filter matting in my BioFalls, then poured the gunky (it's a
technical term) water on my roses. They didn't seem to complain.

My problem is now that the weather is getting hot and I'm getting more sun
on my pond, the pebbles and rocks seem to be growing the stuff! They look
like they're growing plants of their own! The water is clear enough to see
the fishs coulors clearly at the bottom of a 4 foot pond.. There's a bit of
this sludge floating around the lily pads and inside the water iris stalks,
but not free on the surface.

My Water Hyacenths have a floating root system you wouldn't believe! Since
they're multiplying quite well, and the WHs are firm, I guess they're doing
their job!

I guess I need to wander down and try some of that new MicrobeLift-SA....

--

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia

"david williams" wrote in message
HI,
My filter seems to soon fill with a browny green sludge. Should I clean

it
or will cleaning it destroy the bacteria i need?