Old 23-05-2004, 07:24 AM
HTH

Default Filter Material

I think what Ingrid is talking about is the stuff I was looking for.
The problem is I was looking at the home centers and it lives at Wally
WORLD.

It is not the common blue fiberglass filters that most furnaces use.
It is a much heavier and perhaps more open matt. The fibers are encased
in a fiberglass net with about 1/4 inch between threads.

It is faily good a pick up larger particles and extends the life of the
poly batting that I use under it.

HTH

George wrote:
wrote in message

what is the name of the blue filter material for furnace filters found in
Walmart?
that everyone uses? Ingrid

I believe that is fiberglass, but I could be wrong.