Old 23-05-2004, 07:27 AM
George

Default cleaning bilogocal filter?

"John Burton" wrote in message
I seem to have the same problem, David. I used a bucked of pond water to
rinse out the filter matting in my BioFalls, then poured the gunky (it's a
technical term) water on my roses. They didn't seem to complain.

My problem is now that the weather is getting hot and I'm getting more sun
on my pond, the pebbles and rocks seem to be growing the stuff! They look
like they're growing plants of their own! The water is clear enough to see
the fishs coulors clearly at the bottom of a 4 foot pond.. There's a bit of
this sludge floating around the lily pads and inside the water iris stalks,
but not free on the surface.

My Water Hyacenths have a floating root system you wouldn't believe! Since
they're multiplying quite well, and the WHs are firm, I guess they're doing
their job!

I guess I need to wander down and try some of that new MicrobeLift-SA....

Add aquazyme to your water. It is a powdered form of aerobic bacteria that will
colonize the walls, rocks, and the water in your pond, and digest the nutrients,
and decaying matter, and the sludge as well. It competes with algae for
nutrients, and is a natural algae control. Having said that, you likely won't
get rid of all of the algae in your pond unless you nuke it with algaecide or
spend a lot of money on a UV filter. By why bother with that? A little algae
is a good thing, as long as you control the growth.