Old 23-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Ka30P

Default cleaning bilogocal filter?

John wrote
the pebbles and rocks seem to be growing the stuff! They look
like they're growing plants of their own!

Algae that grows on rocks and pebbles, make it look like a fuzzy sweater?, is
good stuff. It contributes to your clear water.
Also all sorts of little critters live in it which make for good fish food and
overall health of the pond.
A pond is so much more than lilies and fish, though usually we don't see much
of it..... which is why some of us go really overboard buy a mircoscope and
start checking these things out.
One of my favorite ponders I've met on the web hosts this page - Ron's Pond
Scum
http://www.silkentent.com/gus1911/RonPond.htm

kathy :-)