Old 23-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Pond Diver

Default Looking at building a pond but....

Awesome pond/deck. I love it! I just enrolled in school (again...) So I'll
have to wait for "phase two" of my pond/patio combination. Can't wait
though, your site has given me some great ideas.

In the mean time I'll be piddling in my puddle...

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Daryl,

Are you planning an above ground pond? It will not respond well to

plywood.
If in-ground, try old rugs for liners. Lots easier on the liner. If

above
ground, 24" is a LOT for plywood.

We do not bother with a skimmer and use 55 gal barrels (buried in a berm,
cf. website) and kiddie pools for filters. CHEAP. You too can make cheap
filters!

I concur with those who suggest that bigger is better. More room more

fun.
Still, available space and purpose are relevant. What has guided your

size?

Have fun.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at:

jogathon.net

"daryl wilde" wrote in message
The cost of the skimmer and filter box are expensive ~$500 or more. Has
anyone seen plans to build one? Any special concerns??

Thinking of using either external quality (CDX) or marine grade plywood

and
then covering with liner......comments. Expect the pond to be 6 ft x 8

ft
or so and 18-24in deep.

Thanks Daryl