Old 23-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Tumbleweed

Default about me rose plant

"good golly miss Molly" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .

"dummy_gardener" wrote

in
message s.com...
Hi Guys,

I was living in flats before so I did not get a chance to do any
gardening. Now I have got a small garden, but I dunno anything about
the gardening at all. Basically the garden already has got some rose
plants and few other plants which i have not got a clue what they

are -
they may be even some weeds (pardon me I am not good at English
either)

About the Rose plants -

I have got two tall grown rose plants one of the two plants got
flowers and florishing, the other one has got lots of buds than the
other, but these buds are falling down and some kind of granules
falling down from the rose tree and it looks like sicky. I really do
not know how to explain the desease.

please some one help me what I suppose to do for that tree,
I really want that tree go back to normal

Roses get every disease and pest under the sun. Chuck 'em away and grow
something else instead.

I have several rose varieties in my garden. All got for free as this is a
large rose growing area. In autumn they harvest the rose bushes with a
machine and any left behind are simply ploughed into the field after a

week.
I wait till I see them harvesting and then go and get any likely looking
ones before they get ploughed in . I never spray as I am organic. If I

prune
at all it is simply lopping off whatever branch is in my way. My roses

bloom
all year long and nothing bothers them. They get greenfly, and blackfly
which get eaten by birds. Otherwise, perfectly healthy.If yours get every
disease under the sun you must be doing something wrong.

I have one rose in my garden, which staggers by from one year to the next,
it gets various diseases and occasionally I lop a bit off it, tahts all the
treatment it gets, the same as you appear to do to yours. I have in the past
done nothing to roses I paid for..they died (having got ever disease under
the sun) and treated them ..they died (having got ever disease under the
sun).
However, from what you post, my treatment (doing nothing) appears to be the
same as your 'organic' treatment I just see no point in ever growing another
one ever again.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address