Old 23-05-2004, 05:03 PM
David Ross

Default Would this work?

MOLLOYRO wrote:

I have a 10 round area where a pine tree was removed. The
'grass' that is in the area is full of creeping charlie and everything
that shouldn't be there; If I spray Round Up on this area,
wait a week or more and then lay down newspaper, cover
the newspaper with topsoil and then sow grass seed, would
this work? I need to find a way to make this a grassy area
without tilling as a result of a spinal injury. Thanks. Rosie

Wait three weeks. You only have to wait two weeks for the Roundup
that is in the soil to decompose safely. But I would wait an extra
week to see that everything is really dead and that you don't have
to spray Roundup again.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/