Old 23-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Steve

Default Climbing weed

Here are a couple of pics - sorry for the delay. I noticed today that it was
starting to produce small flowers, so I added a pic of a flower. The petals
seemed whiter than they appear in the pic.

Can anyone identify it?

http://vaux.port5.com/weed.jpg
http://vaux.port5.com/flower.jpg

It seems to have got a better grip of that part of the garden than I at
first thought. I'll keep attacking the leaves with glyphosate.

How long should I leave between repeated applications?

Hopefully if that kills off the roots I may not have to keep pulling it up
next year.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Steve
writes
Last year I had the first appearance of a large climbing weed in a corner

of
the garden. This year it is taken over a large area along one wall and is
completely covering some ivy which will no doubt be killed off if I dont

get
rid of the weed.

It grows at a prolific rate and has large leaves and tendrils which wrap
around anything nearby. It also mildly irritates the skin if you handle
them. As far as I recall from last year it dies away later in the year

and
bears berries.

What is it likely to be (I can post a link to a photo if you like),

Yes please. Lots of things have large leaves and tendrils!