Old 23-05-2004, 10:07 PM
David Hill

Default OT honey bees in roof

"....... This morning a new, larger, noisier colony has moved in, making the
problem even worse. The bees are coming into the house, down the chimney
indoors and worrying their next door neighbour.............."

I wonder if the bees you have are swarming, I was buzzed to day by a swarm
of maybe a thousand or so bees which came over the hedge next to where I was
hoeing, looked around for a couple of minutes then moved on.
Bees are not protected, and mostly; if it is accessible a bee keeper will be
happy to take away a swam/colony in May or June.
Remember the old Rhyme
A swarm in May is worth a load of Hay,
A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon,
A swarm in July is not worth a fly.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries