Old 23-05-2004, 10:08 PM
SusieThompson

Default OT honey bees in roof

In message , Lazarus
Cooke writes
In article , Lazarus
Cooke wrote:

There is an ng "rec.sci.beekeeping" which would almost certainly be
better than us.

No there isn't , you fool. it's "sci.agriculture.beekeeping". Please
pay attention!

Thanks for the suggestion - I have just posted my original message to
sci.agriculture.beekeeping. Our friends are coming over for dinner on
Tuesday evening - by which time I hope to have some constructive
suggestions to pass on to them. By then the local bee keeper will have
had another look at the situation. By the way, I don't think that
varroa has reached Arran yet, at least I haven't heard of it or read
about it in the local paper, the Arran Banner. I have come across two
wild honey bee colonies now - one in our friends' home and another in
the roof of one of the island's churches. I'm sure that there must be
more.

I had been hoping that there was a way of deterring the bees. In the
past I have used oil of peppermint to persuade ants to move their nests
out of the greenhouse. I wondered if there was something similar that
bees couldn't stand and would move out to get away from?

Susie
--
Susie Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to