Old 23-05-2004, 11:06 PM
simplesoul

Default PH Level Issue

I have to say that I've received a lot of outstanding advice here. I want
thank all of you for responding.

For anyone who has just stumbled on to this thread I'd like to summarize
what I've learned as a result of this discussion...

1] Concrete ponds have higher PH levels than "liner ponds".

2] A higher PH level is OK (up to 9) and if your PH level is 9 or lower you
probably shouldn't' worry about it.

3] If your PH level is above 9 and you must treat your pond, it is
absolutely imperative you do it gradually. For example, if you decide to add
muriatic acid to balance the PH level a bit... do it slowly or you will
destroy your eco-system and possibly harm/kill your fish.

BTW, my pond has been holding at PH level of 8 for the past few days. I'm
crossing my fingers that it stays there (or atleast below 9).

Again. I thank all of you kind souls who got involved in this discussion.