Old 23-05-2004, 11:12 PM
AJ

Default OT honey bees in roof

If the beekeeper can "sweep" the bees (with a bee brush) into a hive box,
and he or she happens to get the QUEEN - the colony will follow her -- the
beekeeper should be using plenty of smoke (this will make them ingest
honey - and calm them down, as they believe their hive is on fire)...

"SusieThompson" wrote in message
I am putting up this topic on behalf of good friends of ours. They have
had a colony of honey bees in their roof for a long time and have not
been able to get rid of it, even with the help of our local bee keeper.
This morning a new, larger, noisier colony has moved in, making the
problem even worse. The bees are coming into the house, down the chimney
indoors and worrying their next door neighbour.

Honey bees are protected, aren't they? So is there any kind or natural
way of persuading them to move out and stay out? Our friends are
talking about having to demolish both chimney and stack, and maybe even
some of the roof or end wall of their house to both get rid of them and
prevent them coming back. Our friends have just about had enough so any
constructive help or advice will be more than welcome. TIA.
--
Susie Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk"

reply by e-mail.