Old 23-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Hawk's beard

"Chris" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann"

: As usual, your advice is appreciated. However, I inadvertently

lied
: in my previous post. I have 7 books on wild flowers. The seventh

one
: is in fact Fitter & Fitter. It was lying, all forgotten, in the

car,
: where it is most usually needed. And in fact it does have no

fewer
: than 8 species of Hawksbeard. {:-(
:

Damn, mine has only got 7 species, and its the only book I have on

wild
flowers

I've done a recount. I still make it 8, to wit, the following are in
the index:
Beaked
Bristly
French
Marsh
Northern
Rough
Smooth
Stinking
If you look them up in the body of the book, there are actually more
than 8 listed. Only 8 appear to have common names.
And to be honest, I haven't found "Smooth" named as such except in the
appendic of common names.

Franz