Old 24-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] How Strong Are Grow Lights

In a message dated 5/23/2004 6:55:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I have several 5", 120W growlight spotlights. I know they have minimal
candle power compared to the sun, but does anyone know if perhaps they
give as much (growing) light strength as early evening summer shade?

Thanks,

Jim

All Grow Lights lose a lot of light value with distance. The problem
with the kind of lights you have is that they produce so much heat, you have to
keep the plants too far away for the lights to do much good.
If you know a commercial/portrait photographer you might borrow his
light meter, measure your shade and then measure your grow lights.
If you live in a large enough metropolitan area a local camera store
might rent you one.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++