Old 24-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Nedra

Default koi eating plants

I buy Water Hyacinths specifically for my koi to nibble on
I know ... I'm crazy, but hey, they adore them as a snack.
I didn't think I'd keep track of the amount of money the little
rascals are costing me ... but, so far, the total is $74.
They cost $2.00 a piece and some have 2 or 3 daughters
attached .... so that is a lot of WH!!

Note to Joe ... the ones you sent me are decorating the VF.
I've decided to keep hands off those.

Nedra

"jammer" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:01:34 GMT, "Destroyallx"
wrote:

i recently put in about 5 hyacinth in my pond and it seems that the

koi..
LOVE to chew on them.. they grab on to the roots and drag it around..

its
pretty funny.. but i paid for these! ha... is there any thing i

should do
about this? feed them more...its a fairly new pond so there probably

isnt
much for them to eat naturally besides what i feed them....
thx

Is there some way to net the roots or use a basket and some rocks?