Old 24-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Nedra

Default Pond Location

I put my pond in a low spot in the yard... mainly because
I envisioned a deck overhanging the pond ... etc etc. It turned
out just the way i envisioned it too. However, the first spring
the liner got bubbled up and had a real mess. I dug a trench
around the pond and heaped up about 7 inches of big pine bark
away from the pond. I really had the bark in there - very heavy.

I would definitely go ahead with your plans only do put a berm
around your pond .... slanting away from the pond. A trench
wouldn't hurt either ;-)

Nedra in Missouri

"NW" wrote in message
news
From an aesthetics point of view I have an ideal spot near the back of our
house that can be seen from our deck, patio and kitchen window. It's
about
15-20 feet out from the house. However, my yard slopes downward toward

the
house with the slope leveling out around the proposed pond location. The
yard slopes downward very slightly from the house toward this location.

In
other words, it's a subtle low spot, not a sizable indentation in the

yard.
It looks like a natural spot for a pond to be given this grading but I'm
concerned about possible negative impact of rain run off. I don't see
puddles in this spot so the draining seems good. Any thoughts?

Thanks.