Old 24-05-2004, 04:02 AM
escapee

Default Fire Ants

On Sun, 23 May 2004 13:36:58 -0700, Tom Jasz opined:

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:36:36 GMT, Hound wrote:

Is there any safe way of getting fire ants out of compost piles?

Yes, learn how to compost and you'll have temperatures to high for
their survival!

That's fine when your compost is hot. My compost is not hot because I dump it
there and come back a year later. I don't constantly turn it and mess with it.
I don't have fire ants in it, either. But, that's probably because I use
beneficial nematodes.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?