Old 24-05-2004, 04:03 AM
hermine stover

Default Plant suggestions for bathroom?

Even ferns do poorly if they don't get enough light.
The same is true for Pothos.

Probably true in the dank bath houses you frequent, but not in most
windowed baths....

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Surely this depends on the bathroom! i have flowered orchids in
bathrooms, and ordinarilly grew maidenhair ferns in them. I have one
bathroom which is HUGE and has two picture windows, (I have no idea
why) and i grow just about anything on the shelves i have built for
the purpose. This is in a dry climate, no ferns here.

In NY i had a windowless bathroom, not unusual, and under a
fluorescent light on the counter, i had a nice selection of African
Violets and some leathery ferns.

one good thing about bathrooms is you do not have to worry about
splashing water, you can grow a hanging basket over the tub or in the
shower.

hermine stover