Old 24-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] tent caterpillars

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

Well, the squish method is a pretty good one. Certainly the one I'd use.
However, many strains of BT are pretty specific (check the label, she
intoned monotonously), and it only work with direct contact of the pest,
so there's not much to worry about unless Craig is thinking of doing some
aerial spraying.....

Nina

Yep, I've got the biplane warming up in the backyard right now.

As Jim surmised, the problem is not that they are building tents in the bonsai, but
individual caterpillars are getting on the trees. That's about all I've seen so I
think BT is the way to go.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37