Old 24-05-2004, 05:03 AM
The Watcher

Default Hardy Bamboo

On Mon, 24 May 2004 03:05:31 GMT, hermine stover
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:28:32 -0400, "Gallagher"
wrote:

My hardy bamboo is still brown and frowsy looking. In a Zone 5/6 is this
unusual? The canes still look green, but the leaves are toast.

Thanks!

This is normal. by the time you read this, you should have fresh green
foliage and a shooting of new canes, feel free to prune away unsightly
canes from previous years after the new shoots are woody.

hermine stover

I have 7 different varieties of bamboo growing around my place, and they all
seem to have their own preference for weather conditions. I even planted several
clumps of one variety in different places. Some clumps, even though they're the
same type of bamboo are behaving differently, with shoots coming up in some
places and nothing happening in others. Maybe it's the microclimates.