Old 24-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Gail Futoran

Default rose of split personality?

"Maggie's Mom" wrote in
message news:qSbsc.13675$af3.754336@attbi_s51...

"Gail Futoran" wrote in

message

[snips]

I lost several roses that way before I realized
what was happening.

Have you tried to plant the "sucker" by itself? Will it

grow if I do?

Wow, I don't know. Worth trying, I guess.
If it's a long cane, you can cut it about 8" down
from the tip, strip off the bottom set or two of
leaves, stick it in some potting soil & spray with
water daily (or make a plastic bag or jar "tent"
to keep moisture in) until you see new growth.
Keep out of direct sun. Dappled sun ok.
Different people have different methods. That
one tends to work for me.
www.ars.org probably has some articles on
propagating roses.

The one Dr. Huey I allowed to grow had
completely taken over whatever it was the
rootstock for. I transplanted it and it did
just great in the new location.

Thank you for the warning, I will just wait long enough

for it to bloom out
(it is beautiful) and then I will remove it.

All the way to where it attaches to the main
root.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8