Old 24-05-2004, 11:09 AM
BAC

Default The Hozelock AC1 automatic water control thing

"Dougie Nisbet" wrote in message
news
Buggered if I can remember how to work this. If I want it to water for
five minutes every now and then, do I go to Auto, then to 5? I couldn't
find any user guides on the hozelock website and my instructions went to
the great WPB in the sky a long time ago.

I've got an (ancient) Hozelock 2701, so don't know if the operating
procedures are the same as for your model, but, to use the automatic switch
off facility outside of the pre-programmable automatic cycles, you
1) press the auto/man key to select manual mode
2) use the keypad to enter the duration of manual watering you want -
from 1 minute up to several hours
3) press the auto/man button again, within 8 seconds, and manual watering
should begin.

NB at the end of the selected manual watering period, the timer returns
to auto mode. Normally, this will switch off the water, but, if the timed
manual period overlaps a programmed watering period, it won't switch the
water off until the end of the programmed period.

So, basically, if your timer works the same way as mine, you do indeed just
press auto, then 5, then auto again (within 8 seconds of pressing five) to
get your five minutes watering. If that doesn't work, you could try
e-mailing Hozelock's consumer services team, via the link on their website.