Old 24-05-2004, 04:13 PM
martin

Default Solar Lighting

On Mon, 24 May 2004 12:14:32 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , David W.E. Roberts
writes
The destructions say that you need a full 8 hours of direct sunlight to
fully charge the 'AA' NiCds (doesn't say how many and I haven't taken one
appart) and that prolonged exposure to frost will damage them.

Eeek! Mine don't say anything about frost!! Is this universal, do you
think? Am I going to have to dig mine up and bring them inside for the
winter? I don't do that for plants, I'm damned if I'm going to do that
for lights!

The lack of sufficient sunshine to completely recharge the batteries
eventually destroys the batteries long before the first frost.