Old 24-05-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Test post!

In article , Kathie wrote:

Annie,

Hi! I am a professional container gardener in Durham, and have just
re-joined the site after switching computers...you know how that goes.

So you make your living as a container gardner?

I am a hosta fanatic and begonia lover with an acre of mostly shade
gardens, and would love to chat with other Triangle gardeners. I am a
transplant myself, and arrived in this area three years ago from
Illinois, and enjoy learning more and more about the area, which I
dearly love.

What are your gardining interests? Any hints on slug/vole control? I
have over 64 varieties of hostas, and cringe at the thought of digging
them all up to surround them with diatomaceous earth and permatil...

I don't know that I would dig them all up. ONe option would be to just
sprinkle a hand full of permatil around each plant. Then just monitor
for any damage and only go further on any being attacked as well a
putting out traps then. On a whim this year I sprinkled all our hosta
with sand and that seems to have lessened slug damage. Less frequent
showers may have made theslug population lower too. Not a lot of sand.
I happened to have half a bag from a patio project and just sprinkled a
hand full on every 2-4 plants.
Thanks for answering!

Kathie

Anne Lurie wrote:
*Just a test post -- I have not seen anything new here for a few
days.

Anne *

--
Kathie