Old 24-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Derek Moody

Default mares tail

On Mon, 24 May 2004 17:58:57 +0100, Malcolm
wrote:

In article , Rhiannon S
writes
Subject: mares tail
From: Judith Lea
Date: 24/05/2004 14:08 GMT Daylight Time
Help, I have sprayed twice with Roundup - it is becoming very invasive -
any suggestions?

Move house?

Ok, on a slightly more practical note then, mares tail is almost impossible to
kill and doesn't absorb roundup like most plants (I'm sure someone here will be
able to give the scientific explanation for this).

It (though note I prefer the name horsetail, reserving the name mares
tail for the harmless plant Hippuris vulgaris)

Then you'll be alone in that. Nothing new there!!!!!

has a coating of silica
on its leaves and stems. This needs to be crushed in order for the
roundup to penetrate. If you have considerable areas of it, then
trampling or swiping will break and bruise it sufficiently. If it is
just single stems, perhaps growing among other plants, then don rubber
gloves and rub the stem between your hands and then spray it.

What a complete load of cobblers.

The only way to reduce mares tail is to keep digging it up, you'll never get
rid of it, but if you keep at it, an hour or so a day, you reduce it's
visibility.

I believe roots have been found several (?12) feet down :-(

It's been said before. The ONLY way is to dig, dig and ****ing dig
again.

Cheerio.
..

************************************************** ***********************************
Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
- Sir Winston Churchill

The Eagle Has Landed.

/T /I
/ |/ | .-~/
T\ Y I |/ / _
/T | \I | I Y.-~/
I l /I T\ | | l | T /
T\ | \ Y l /T | \I l \ ` l Y
__ | \l \l \I l __l l \ ` _. |
\ ~-l `\ `\ \ \\ ~\ \ `. .-~ |
\ ~-. "-. ` \ ^._ ^. "-. / \ |
.--~-._ ~- ` _ ~-_.-"-." ._ /._ ." ./
--. ~-. ._ ~-" "\\ 7 7 ]

^.___~"--._ ~-{ .-~ . `\ Y . / |
__ ~"-. ~ /_/ \ \I Y : |
^-.__ ~(_/ \ ._: | l______
^--.,___.-~" /_/ ! `-.~"--l_ / ~"-.
(_/ . ~( /' "~"--,Y -=b-. _)
(_/ . \ : / l c"~o \
\ / `. . .^ \_.-~"~--. )
(_/ . ` / / ! )/
/ / _. '. .': / '
~(_/ . / _ ` .-_
/_/ . ' .-~" `. / \ \ ,z=.
~( / ' : | K "-.~-.______//
"-,. l I/ \_ __{---._(==.
//( \ ~"~" //
/' /\ \ \ ,v=. ((
.^. / /\ " }__ //===- ` Roy!/ASC
/ / ' ' "-.,__ {---(==-
.^ ' : T ~" ll
/ . . . : | :! \\
(_/ / | | j-" ~^

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.

/´¯/)
/¯../
/..../
/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
/'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

GOOD SIGS wanted. APPLY WITHIN.

Please Note: I am not the forger-troll Derek Moody who posts with

and who continues to stalk me, ensuring he is at the top of my hit list
and who also published child porn websites and kinky sex outlets in the UK, not to mention deviant holidays.

You've not heard of the Geneva Convention, then?

Our enemies sure haven't.