Old 24-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Bloody walnuts!

In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Or should it be bloody squirrels, I've got walnuts coming up all
over the place, it's happened before but I can't remember it
being on this scale.

Possibly the worst one is the one in the middle of the strawberry
bed, can't get it out without damaging the strawberries!

leave it till you've harvested the strawberries. Then you can replant
the strawberry plants without harm to this year's fruit.

Do you think there's a market for young walnut trees? Worth a try.

You clearly don't live near a mature walnut tree, in a light soil
area. Bloody weeds, that's what they are! And, yes, it is the
tree rats that are the problem. Casserole them, that's what I say.

I have this problem every year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.