Old 24-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Don

Default cleaning bilogocal filter?

I know. Just putting in my two cents (which is usually over valued)

--
Don
"George" wrote in message

"Don" dbitzerATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
Yes, it is. Large colonies of bacteria reappear within days.

--
Don

I'm just saying that it is not recommended. Do whatever works for you.

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Don" dbitzerATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
I've been using tap water for a decade and never had bad results.

--
Don

You will likely get better results if you don't. Is your tap water

chlorinated?

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"david williams" wrote in message
HI,
My filter seems to soon fill with a browny green sludge. Should I

clean
it
or will cleaning it destroy the bacteria i need?

Take a bucket and fill it with some of the pond water. Rinse it out

with
some
of this water. Don't use tap water.