Old 24-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Snooze

Default The Great Dye Experiment

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

As I understand it. They are a use as needed treatment. Turn the water
blueish, kill the algea by starving the sunlight. Meanhwhile the enzymes
east the sludge at the bottom of the pond. I cannot attest to any of these
claims, except the algae clearing. After the first day, my water was
noticeable clearer.

You can read the details from the manufacturer, here.
http://tinyurl.com/yrqpk.

One of my buddies lives in an apartment complex that has this "river"
flowing between the buildings. To keep the kids from treating it as a pool,
they dye it green. It's not even pea-soup green, it's bright lime green.

As for using the dye in the pond, maybe as a one time deal for when you're
having a party and want to show off your clear blue water..otherwise a
little bit silly.

Snooze