Old 24-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Kay Easton

Default Bloody walnuts!

In article , David W.E. Roberts
writes

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:
Do you think there's a market for young walnut trees? Worth a try.

You clearly don't live near a mature walnut tree, in a light soil
area. Bloody weeds, that's what they are! And, yes, it is the
tree rats that are the problem. Casserole them, that's what I say.

I have this problem every year.

Doesn't mean there isn't a market :-)

I have a friend with a mature Bay tree and this has little seedlings all
over the place like weeds.

I have several in pots.

Doesn't stop people charging £30 or more for a Bay tree in a pot - all you
need is to find someone who doesn't live near a walnut tree.

Come to think of it, a few years back they were charging serious money for
Feverfew and this is like a weed in our garden.

People even sell Alchemilla mollis ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: