Old 24-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Bob Hobden

Default mares tail

"martin" wrote in message

How come it hasn't taken over the whole world? :-)

Well we have it on our allotments, and have had from the start. I've noticed
it seems to spread in a wave, the front of which is of very thick lush
growth and behind that it gets less and less. Probably uses up most of the
nutrients it needs and then tails off. Seen the same initial lushness and
then the tailing off on a railway line near here.
We simply hoe it off as soon as we see it, a constant battle every season,
but it is getting less and less each year.
Don't know what I would do about it if it got into my garden amongst my
plants where I can't hoe.

--
Regards
Bob