Old 25-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Steveo

Default Lawn is flowering

Ermalina wrote:
BonnieJean wrote:

"Mbt6" wrote in message
My grass seems to be the right color, but doesn't really grow too
fast.

This
year, for the first time that I can recall, the top of the grass is
flowering. Except for looking differnt, I don't know that this is a
problem. Does anyone know if I should try something to keep this from
happening.

Mine too. I've never seen this happen before. Maybe it's a new type of
weed and not grass? I have no idea.

Bonnie

I noticed the same thing. It's definitely the grass.

We had a bit of a drought last summer and fall, enough to kill some of
the grass; so I wonder if this is a natural, protective reaction of the
grass -- premature self-seeding???

No. It's annual grass producing seed.