Old 25-05-2004, 02:03 AM
SAS567

Default Lily of the Valley

I have some coming up now (Zone 3) and I just planted it at the end of
the season last year - it was given to me. I know nothing about this
plant - but...it survived and is poking up now :-)

It depends on where you plant it. If it is in moist soil in part to full
shade, it can stick around all summer. If it is a dry, sunny spot, it can
be ephemeral. Mine bloomed weeks ago and is still looking good.

Mine is in bloom now but it doesn't smell as strong as it has in the past. But
it might be because the Russian Olive bushes are also in full bloom and they
dominate over everything else. I would call it a little invasive, but not at
the top of the list. My patch also has Trilliums & Jack-in-the-Pulpits and is
in the shade 75% of the day. When it's done blooming the leaves slowly turn
yellow & die back, but there are other plants in the same area that mature &
bloom at different times.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)