Old 25-05-2004, 02:03 AM
rnjroberts

Default Help! New Gardener!

Hello all! I am a new gardener this year with my new house. I want to do
some landscaping but I am so not swift when it comes to picking out flowers!
My husband and I have been going around town trying to fiugre out what we
want but man are there a ton of flowers!! I wanted to do two or three
different kinds in front of my house. We live in Ohio so our weather is not
always wonderful. Like yesterday with about 3 stinking storms that were
tearing down trees!! I need something that is easy to take care of. The
flowers would be in the full sun most of the day. I had been told
"impatients' would be good but when I looked them up it said that they
needed morning sun...they would get that but also afternoon and evening!

I also have a shrub problem. The people who lived here before us decided to
plant a privacy shrub in the middle of the "flower bed." How the heck do I
get rid of the thing. We already cut one down but we are left with the
wonderful stump! Not bug enough to use a stump remover but big enough to be
a pain in my a**.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Thanks!!!