Old 25-05-2004, 02:04 AM
SAS567

Default Portable Fire Pit Questions

Garden centers and wood/coal/propane stove stores here sell chimeras, which
sound like they would fit the bill for you. It is a terra-cotta portable
fireplace, roughly gourd shaped (if you imagine the chimney as the neck of
the gourd) and about waist high, that sits on a metal stand. Most of them
are made in Mexico, and they have a certain rustic charm.

cheers,
Sue

I agree with Sue. We had a wood burning Chimera just like she described. We
had to put a screen on top of the chimney to stop the sparks from getting out.
It lasted 2 yrs. and then started to crack. We now have a metal one I bought at
Target with screen on all sides, but I liked the first one better. We used it a
lot and that's why I think it cracked.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)