Old 25-05-2004, 03:03 AM
RichToyBox

Default This new pond is more darned fun!!

I raised my skimmer and the opening in the liner with it. It was hard work.
I had to push the skimmer about 6 inches into the pond to get 6 inches of
elevation of the liner. With the pond half full of water, the force
required to lift liner and push skimmer was not for the weak of back. I
lost about 6 inches off the length of the pond, but gained many gallons.
--
RichToyBox
"pixi" wrote in message
Ha!! Had a landscaper finish putting in the pond I had started. The
skimmer is too low so that the shelves along the edges are mostly out of

the
water. He was so far behind in his work last fall that I told him I could
wait until April to get the skimmer raised. He has had a severe attack

of
amnesia regarding the subject and has put me on his list.

In any case, I have been told by someone that once the liner is cut for

the
skimmer, it cannot be raised. Is this true? Can't a patch be placed over
the old hole and a new one cut??? Or am I being naive again.

Thanks a bunch. You great people have helped me a lot.