Old 25-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Ermalina

Default Lawn is flowering

Steveo wrote:

Ermalina wrote:
so I wonder if this is a natural, protective reaction of the
grass -- premature self-seeding???

No. It's annual grass going to seed.

NO. It's NOT ANNUAL GRASS GOING TO SEED.

My lawn, and the lawns in my neighborhood, are a well-established
typical mix of various northern PERENNIAL grasses, primarily Kentucky
bluegrass with some ryegrass and fescue.

AS I SAID, I have noticed that my lawn, as well as neighbors' lawns (one
of which is owned by the owner of a lawn service and is 100% Kentucky
Bluegrass) have produced an EXTRAORDINARY amount of seeding this Spring.

I've also noticed an extraordinary amount of assertions, based on ZERO
observations, by what APPEAR to be PERENNIAL TWITS on
alt.home.lawn.garden; however THEY, I will admit, might be ANNUALS. ;-)