Old 25-05-2004, 06:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Let's Play "Name That Wildflower!"

phacelia
linaria
?
calendula (or else some arctotis returning to species)
alyssum - this is how the first flowers look in spring in my garden.
"paghat the ratgirl" wrote in message
news
Here are some tiny flowering weeds or wildflowers photographed around the
edges of our property. I wonder if anyone can name any of these:

A bright blue flower, shown bigger than life size:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wildflowerblue_may.jpg

A bright purple pea-like flower, bigger than life size:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wildflowerpurple_may.jpg

An extremely tiny (one inch tall) wild groundcover with eency yellow
flowers:
http://www.paghat.com/images/littleyellowweed_ap.jpg

A bright orange daisy-like thing, shown bigger than life size, three
inches tall:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wildflowerorange_may.jpg

This seems to be a volunteer alyssum but its so much smaller than any
cultivated alyssum I've seen; shown twice life size:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wildalyssum_may.jpg

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"