Old 25-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Vicky

Default tomato plants infestation

I have some small caterpillars on my tomato plants and was wondering about
the best way to get rid of them. I'd like to do it without chemicals. One
reason is that I am growing the tomatos myself to try to prove a point.
I've developed an intolerance to shop bought tomatoes in recent years and
want to find out if it's the chemicals that are used in their cultivation
that are causing the problem.

BTW my garden is in the shade of a large sycamore tree [lots of expletives
and shaking of fists in direction of tree]. It attracts all sorts of pests.
Fortuantely, it also attracts loads of birds that feed off the pests but my
garden is a cloud of greenfly at the moment and these tiny caterpillars
(about 10-15mm in length) are another by-product. No I can't take the tree
down - it's in a neighbours garden, has a protection order (bloody weed) and
we could only get persmission to take off a few overhanging branches.

Vicky