Old 25-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Douglas

Default about me rose plant

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 May 2004 21:24:40 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

Roses get every disease and pest under the sun. Chuck 'em away and grow
something else instead.

slabs of concrete? :-)

***********************
Slabs?.
Not quite!. - You jest!, - perhaps!.
For H.T.'s and standards hard spring pruning to about six to 9 inches.
For climbers prune to suit shape.
BTW, It is my belief there is no real cure for blackspot. all you can do
is hand-pick the affected leaves diligently and burn them. I have found
that it does tend to reduce the malady.
I am attenuating my garden work due to other interests, age and poverty, so
for this season and beyond I have abandoned some of the usual annual border
plants and planted about thirty roses of all sorts.
Doug.