Old 25-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Douglas

Default tomato plants infestation

"Vicky" wrote in message
I have some small caterpillars on my tomato plants and was wondering about
the best way to get rid of them. I'd like to do it without chemicals.

One
reason is that I am growing the tomatos myself to try to prove a point.
I've developed an intolerance to shop bought tomatoes in recent years and
want to find out if it's the chemicals that are used in their cultivation
that are causing the problem.

BTW my garden is in the shade of a large sycamore tree [lots of expletives
and shaking of fists in direction of tree]. It attracts all sorts of

pests.
Fortuantely, it also attracts loads of birds that feed off the pests but

my
garden is a cloud of greenfly at the moment and these tiny caterpillars
(about 10-15mm in length) are another by-product. No I can't take the

tree
down - it's in a neighbours garden, has a protection order (bloody weed)

and
we could only get persmission to take off a few overhanging branches.

Vicky

***************************
The Law is, - cut off the overhanging branches at the border and, since they
belong to the neighbour, without quarrel tie them up and lower them into the
next door garden without doing any damage to property or plants.
Neighbours from Hell savages have moved into the semi next door to me and it
has taken me well over a year to silence their big tubular bells ten yards
from my bedroom window , plus personal assault, plus constant foul-mouthed
insults and Churchillian finger signals ( and that's only their visiting
Mother!) which we've had to suffer until we invoked the Harassment Laws, but
it was only after a year's suffering that the Police and the Environment
people finally took action.
If you have good neighbours, you are lucky , - cherish them and cultivate
them and don't offend them.
Thank God for the recently introduced Noise abatement and the Harassment
laws. Had they not been introduced we would have had to leave the home we
have built over the last 46 years of hard work.
There's more than I have written but I won't bore you with it. Sufficient
unto the day...!
Doug.