Old 25-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Thes

Default Good book for...

Bigus wrote:
.. identifying plants - does anyone know of one?

The kind of thing I have in mind is one that has *lots* of photos, of
leaves, flowers (if applicable) and fruit (if applicable) and maybe an
approach like identifying a plant by it's flower, starting with the colour
perhaps.

One for trees would be good too.

Thanks
Bigus

Another book (or books, actually) are the "Perrenials", "Roses",
"Shrubs", "Bulbs", "Annuals", "Vegetables" etc. books by Roger Phillips
and Matryn Rix. I have the bulbs book and the two volume perrenials
books (ealry and late flowering), but there is now a combined version.
The photographs are excellent in all of these books.

Thes.