Old 25-05-2004, 12:10 PM
SA

Default Advice on Chemical Levels

Thanks for this.

I have added some chemical to lower the pH very slightly ... I'm not a fan
of chemicals and would much rather follow a natural solution where
possibble.

"Dances With Ferrets" wrote in message
om...
For lowering the PH slowly and safely, try some sort of a pelleted
peat (as in peat moss) product in a mesh bag, placed in an area with
good water flow. The natural tannic acid released by the peat also
has the side benefit of making it harder for algae to thrive.
Although be warned, this product typically tends to color the water a
bit of a tea-brown color, but this is completely normal and will not
harm the fish. One of these products that comes to mind is Sera
Teichwasser Torf. But most any pelleted peat product intended for
pond use will do.