Old 25-05-2004, 01:05 PM
joy2wrld

Default The Great Dye Experiment

Just saw this post regarding the dye experiment. I've used Mrs. Smith's
blueing (found in the laundry section of larger grocery stores or
hardware's). Your grandmother used it to brighten white closes and people
today even put in their birdbaths.

Mrs. Smith's blueing (I use the whole bottle for my 1300+ pond) does turn
the pond blue and starves the algae. The great thing about Mrs. Smith's
blueing is it disappears within 2-3 weeks. Then your plants are blooming
and you have enough shade that you don't need it any more. I find two
bottles of this stuff takes care of the problem. Try it -- it does work. I
sort of like the color -- it darkens pond and shows off the plants.

Joy
"Snooze" wrote in message
om...
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

As I understand it. They are a use as needed treatment. Turn the water
blueish, kill the algea by starving the sunlight. Meanhwhile the enzymes
east the sludge at the bottom of the pond. I cannot attest to any of

these
claims, except the algae clearing. After the first day, my water was
noticeable clearer.

You can read the details from the manufacturer, here.
http://tinyurl.com/yrqpk.

One of my buddies lives in an apartment complex that has this "river"
flowing between the buildings. To keep the kids from treating it as a

pool,
they dye it green. It's not even pea-soup green, it's bright lime green.

As for using the dye in the pond, maybe as a one time deal for when you're
having a party and want to show off your clear blue water..otherwise a
little bit silly.

Snooze