Old 25-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Chookie

Default Mandevilla

In article ,
(JustEd) wrote:

I am thinking of planting a Mandevilla near the base of a medium sized
ever-green Alder in the hope it will cover the tree.

Is your aim to kill the tree, add colour in the vicinity, or something
else?

Certainly not to kill the tree - hadn't thought of that - just to
create a feature of the Mandevilla... I had thought that the
Mandevilla may not grow next to the Alder...

Some climbers are very aggressive and will kill the tree by starving it of
light. I don't know if mandevilla is in that category. Perhaps shrubs at the
base of the alder would give a pretty effect without endangering the tree?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet