Old 25-05-2004, 01:18 PM
martin

Default about me rose plant

On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:57:06 +0100, "Douglas"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message

Neither the finches nor the blue tits that we have fed all winter were
at all interested in our greenfly
Soapy water did get rid of the greenfly.

********************************

Fed all winter?. I'm not an expert on migration of birds but the tits that
used to visit my garden for the summer. - (unfortunately we have seen
none at all for some years, - they were superseded by a solitary robin for
the winter which has also disappeared), - always migrated away for the
winter.

Perhaps they spend their winter holidays in our garden near Leiden in
Holland, though I doubt it as they nest here too. When I was a kid
living near York there were plenty of tits right through the winter.

Mind you, - I live north-west alongside the Irish Sea near the Lake
District.
Strange thing, - at present we are enjoying lots of different Avian
visitors and,- (hear this!,) - we have a sparrow chirriping in the next door
eaves. Haven't heard sparrows for many years.
Perhaps you live down south where the ambient temp is about five degrees
higher than up here.

I live to the south east of you roughly on the same latitude as
Norwich and about 6 miles from the North Sea.