Old 25-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Tracey

Default Name of Plant?

Hi All.

I hope you don't mind me dropping in to ask a question.

We've just taken on an allotment patch which is over grown with all sorts of
plants. We are only disposing of the weeds, any other plants we are moving
to a different patch as it seems a shame to destroy some of the beautiful
plants that are there and about to bloom. Now the question, there are
several strange plants we have come across and we don't know what they are.
I have a big encyclopedia of plants and they don't seem to be in there and
the people we have asked at the allotments don't seem to know either. They
have big, rounded, hairy leaves which are pale green with white veins, and
are covered in a strange white powdery substance which is not due to
pest/disease but seems natural to the plant. I think the plants are about
to flower. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Tracey