Old 25-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Rez

Default Tomato plants...HELP !!!

In article , Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote:

Funny thing about that. I'm in Albuquerque and tried the plastic 1 gal
milk containers buried to their neck in the ground and with a lot of
holes punched in the bottom, then water by filling them. I did it for
the first time last year. The tomato plants didn't develop worth a hoot
so I'm back to regular watering this year, and the plants are thriving.

I'd guess the water tended to stay beneath the plastic jug rather than
spreading out under the plants. Holes in the sides of the jugs might
have worked better.

~REZ~