Old 25-05-2004, 07:02 PM
SugarChile

Default What's the Best Small Weeding tool/technique?

I like to do some weeding, just to get the big stuff so the paper will lie
more or less flat, but it's not crucial. If you have large established
perennial weeds, like burdock or poke, it's good to dig them out, as they
can sometimes push through. But for the most part, no, you don't need to
weed first. Make sure to overlap the layers of newspaper, and if your grass
clippings are still green and wet, use thin layers and let them dry so they
don't mat up and get stinky.

Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

That's a great idea. I have plenty of newspaper and grass clippings.
Must I weed first?